Site Mast
2011 September ExCom Minutes PDF Print E-mail
Written by Isabella Bertold   
Wednesday, 12 October 2011 20:10

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2011

Chairman Tracy Usher called the meeting to order at 8:05 pm EDT.  Also in attendance were Clay Johnson, Eric Faust, Lauralee Symes, Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell. Evan Lewis was unable to attend.

1.    The minutes from July 5, 2011 were approved as circulated.

2.     Action Items
a.    Laser Performance contract: no payment has been received.  Tracy has spoken with Bill Crane but he indicates that no action will be taken until after the rule change is formalized.  Sherri will write to LP to ask them to provide the Grand Prix prizes for 2011.

3.    Office Report
a.    The Laser Sailor: Fall issue is in the works.
b.    Finances:  Budget-wise we are doing fine even without the LP sponsorship. Fair amount of expense activity due to Masters Worlds.
c.    Membership: Final number for 2011 is down from prior years.  Sherri suggests that we staff the CORK International Regatta as well as the CORK OCR next year as a way to capture more memberships.

4.    Future Calendar
a.    2012 North Americans – Sherri outlined a written proposal received from Cabrillo Beach YC for June 20-24.  Tracy relayed a verbal proposal from the Gorge for the 2nd or 3rd week in July. Discussion followed with the ExCom in favor of the Gorge.  Tracy will follow up with them for a firm commitment by 9/14.  If the Gorge accepts, Sherri is to check with CBYC for another event.
b.    2012 US Nationals -May 31- June 3 or June 7-10 Houston YC& Gulf Coasts Texas CC May 19-20.  The preference will be for the US Nationals on the later weekend.
c.    Others: Sherri chasing down other events and grid will be updated as they are confirmed.

5.    ILCA update
a.    Fundamental Rule: voting closes Sept 23.
b.    ILCA vs LP vs Global Sailing; the discussion continues over the building rights, etc. with the resolution still unknown
c.    Prospects for new Standard sail, composite mast, etc.  These are on hold due to the above issues.

6.    Election of Officers: Confirmation of desire to continue needed from all current officers by Sunday, Sept. 18.

7.    AOB: none

Meeting adjourned at 8:58 pm

Administrator Login